I had the opportunity over the past nine months to participate in the Leadership Development Initiative (LDI), a program of Leadership Pittsburgh. Our class was asked to design and organize a PopUp! event – a temporary, low-cost initiative that has the ability to surprise, provoke and entertain in ways that change perceptions [...]
Pittsburgh’s iconic timepiece – the Kaufmann’s Clock at the Smithfield St. and Fifth Ave. entrance of Macy’s Downtown Pittsburgh – celebrated its 100th anniversary on May 17, 2013. The clock is named after the family-owned downtown department store, Kaufmann’s – the management of which was assumed by Macy’s in February 2006.
For a century, the [...]
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Nope, not Christmas. It’s Greek Food Festival season!
Most Pittsburghers have their favorite festival but each one should be experienced at least once. The season kicks off with the 52nd Annual St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral’s Festival in Oakland – the biggest in the [...]
From the number of global groups that have turned up on our region’s doorstep in the past couple of weeks you might think the G-20 was here last fall instead of more than three years ago. Since the Pittsburgh Summit in 2009 we’ve hosted more than 30 civic leadership delegations from across the country, most [...]
On Location at the Quality of Life Technology Center
A unique collaboration between the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University, the Quality of Life Technology Center (QoLT) at Bakery Square is working to make life easier for people with disabilities and older adults. QoLT brings together the word-class assets of both [...]
New York, Chicago, Philly, Boston. Innovative chefs and restaurateurs are increasingly flocking to Pittsburgh as a place where they can not only afford to open their dream business, but also to live and raise a family. As one new arrival recently told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Melissa McCart, “Easy living, affordable everything and a burgeoning food [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- Yellow Brick Road Leads to Mt. Washington
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"