From the number of global groups that have turned up on our region’s doorstep in the past couple of weeks you might think the G-20 was here last fall instead of more than three years ago. Since the Pittsburgh Summit in 2009 we’ve hosted more than 30 civic leadership delegations from across the country, most [...]
First our region tops the U-Haul index for the fastest growth rate in people moving into any region and now we’ve made a top ten – this time among the “up and coming downtowns.”
According to Forbes.com, downtowns are being reborn across America, with double-digit population growth in the decade ending 2010 – more [...]
I was really struck by a statement I heard Monday as the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board (TRWIB) kicked off its annual Imagine! Career Week series of events. The goal of the annual breakfast is to encourage employers to get involved in career education. I was moderating a panel at the Carnegie Science Center featuring [...]
I hauled myself into our region in 1982, the year before Pittsburgh hit rock bottom with its 18 percent metro jobless rate. I’ve joked over the years that I was one of the few 20-somethings moving in when so many people my age were moving out. (The region lost about 50,000 people in 1984 alone.)
Our organization traces its roots back to 1943, 70 years ago, when civic leaders pulled together a “Committee for Postwar Planning” that assessed the region’s competitive position and what to do about it.
There’s evidence that employers are beginning to hire again, but there are precious few places in the country that have more jobs now than they did before the recession, and metro Pittsburgh turns out to be one of them. The Wall Street Journal reports that researchers at the Brookings Institution have analyzed local [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"