They’re back! Three years after the G-20 summit, leaders from around the world are converging on our region this week — only this time they are emerging leaders in town for the One Young World Summit. The global event is the latest in a year in which we’ve been celebrating
During a news conference yesterday at Pittsburgh’s City-County Building, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl began rolling out the red carpet – along with dozens of partner organizations and hundreds of volunteers – for more than one thousand young people from around the world, who will be traveling to our region next week for One Young World, a global [...]
Pittsburgh’s come a long way from its roots as a “shot and a beer town.” Sure, plenty of people around here still hoist a mug of Iron (or Penn Pilsner or Big Hope IPA or White Lightning Wit). But nowadays they can chase it with a shot of home-made [legal] moonshine… er… whiskey, as well. [...]
You hear it again and again, the people of the Pittsburgh region really set the place apart – and our myriad neighborhoods and communities provide a sense of place whether you live in the heart of the city, a suburb or a distinctive small town. The Economist recently ranked Pittsburgh as the [...]
Here’s a deal – free training for a new career, with a job pretty much guaranteed if you complete the course. And it pays pretty well, too.
I know, it sounds too good to be true, but it’s a reality right here in our region.
For more than a decade now, New Century Careers has [...]
One Young World is looking for a few good men and women to volunteer to welcome delegates from around the world to our region from October 16-20. As we did during the G-20 Summit three years ago, we’re hoping to help OYW identify volunteers who speak languages other than English as well as hospitable Pittsburghers [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"