The key reunion scene in the opera Madama Butterfly is heartbreakingly sad, but the reunion that director Crystal Manich is experiencing is a joy.
Raised in Peters Township and Mt. Lebanon, Crystal Manich is back in town to direct the Pittsburgh Opera’s production of Puccini’s opera of love and betrayal. It runs at the Benedum [...]
The work of further aligning education with workforce development moves forward this month, as the Energy Innovation Center’s first training sessions begin.
The center, or EIC, is a collaboration of the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory, the Pittsburgh region’s research universities, economic development organizations and corporations, including Eaton Corp., [...]
The most commonly discussed measures of economic health are generally gross domestic product and poverty rates, but they don’t capture the full picture. That’s according to The Community Opportunity Index, a project that looks at such issues as education, housing, public safety and political processes to measure a region’s well being. In a recent report [...]
Flashdance — The Musical launches its national tour here on Jan. 1. The original film remains special for many Gen-X Pittsburghers — those who are life-long residents, those in diaspora and those of us lucky enough to have boomeranged back home. That’s in part because it was one of the first feature films to be [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"