Pittsburgh’s iconic timepiece – the Kaufmann’s Clock at the Smithfield St. and Fifth Ave. entrance of Macy’s Downtown Pittsburgh – celebrated its 100th anniversary on May 17, 2013. The clock is named after the family-owned downtown department store, Kaufmann’s – the management of which was assumed by Macy’s in February 2006.
For a century, the [...]
When Buffalo gets bullish on Pittsburgh, you know we’ve done something – or quite a few things – right. Sure, there’s the weather, a point on which Pittsburgh has an edge. Our winter tends to be less harsh, and spring — particularly lush and green this year – comes a bit earlier. But we can’t [...]
Pittsburgh just keeps popping up on impressive lists – most recently on Site Selection magazine’s newly released list of Top U.S. Economic Development Groups. The Pittsburgh Regional Alliance (PRA), southwestern Pennsylvania’s business investment marketing organization, is among the top 11 such organizations in the country for 2012 – and the only one in the Northeast [...]
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania received a major nod for its leadership in biotechnology when BIO – the world’s largest biotech trade organization – presented Governor Tom Corbett with the 2013 Biotechnology Industry Organization Governor of the Year Award. The award was presented on April 23 at the BIO International Convention in Chicago, [...]
The Kauffman Foundation has released a new series of videos profiling entrepreneurial ecosystems outside of Silicon Valley, featuring Pittsburgh as the first location. The series is part of the foundation’s ID8Nation, a new Entrepreneurship.org channel about cities and the people who start businesses in them.
A feature article, “Manufacturing in Armstrong County on Upswing,” published in the April 16 edition of the Leader Times, takes a closer look at the economic development deals or “wins” of 2012 as recently announced by the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance (PRA) . The PRA is the 10-county Pittsburgh region’s economic development marketing [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"