On a recent edition of Our Region’s Business, award-winning journalist Steven Beschloss, author of the new book Adrift – Charting Our Course Back to a Great Nation, discusses why the Pittsburgh region’s remarkable 30-year transformation story should be held as model for other regions and the nation as a [...]
The Allegheny Conference on Community Development has been around for almost 70 years, working to improve the economy and quality of life of the Pittsburgh region. Now it’s taking another step to spread the word, in real time, about positive news in the region through a new blog, ImaginePittsburghNow.com.
After 120 business plan submissions were whittled down to just six finalists, the “Business Bout” business plan competition crowned its first ever champion. FindNotice, a cutting-edge software company that aims to make public notices more accessible, took home the $5,000 prize.
But as Brad Barbin, co-founder of FindNotice and [...]
The Pittsburgh Regional Alliance has received two “superior” and “best in class” recognitions from the Northeastern Economic Developers Association for its 2011 Literature and Promotions Competition. These were announced at NEDA’s 55th annual conference in Burlington, Vermont, which concluded on Oct. 25. The association says that the awards “recognize the very best [...]
Getting his first look as a journalist what makes Pittsburgh a Top Americas “City of the Future” (ranked as such this April by Foreign Direct Investment – or fDi – a publication of the Financial Times) was Michal Kaczmarski, who recently moved from his native Poland to London to [...]
More than 2,000 jobs – most with good pay and benefits — are available now at energy-related companies across the 10-county Pittsburgh region. Some workplaces are in comfortable offices and labs far from drilling fields and mines. But for lots of people, nothing beats working with your hands and being in the middle of the [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"