More than 2,640 people have found jobs through ShaleNET, a comprehensive recruitment, training, placement and retention program for high-demand, hard-to-fill entry-level jobs across the Marcellus Shale footprint. That’s according to the March newsletter of the ShaleNET initiative, which was launched in July 2010.
Industry leaders, policy makers and educators will discuss ShaleNET [...]
The work of further aligning education with workforce development moves forward this month, as the Energy Innovation Center’s first training sessions begin.
The center, or EIC, is a collaboration of the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory, the Pittsburgh region’s research universities, economic development organizations and corporations, including Eaton Corp., [...]
The success of ShaleNET – linking more than 2,000 people with Marcellus Shale industry-related jobs – was recently profiled in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in a front page “Sunday Business” story. As P-G Energy and Business Reporter Erich Schwartzel notes in the article, there is not one unique “student profile.” People come to these trainings from all walks of [...]
Elliott Group may be 113 years old, but its new headquarters are anything but old fashioned.
The manufacturer opened a new $16 million administration building adjacent to its factory in Jeannette in 2012. The airy space features brightly colored furnishings, casual spaces for meetings and vibrant flags from the many nations where [...]
The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) on Oct. 24 featured the greater Pittsburgh region in the article, “Cheap Natural Gas Gives New Hope to the Rust Belt.” The article and a WSJ mobile video largely focus on our abundant supply of natural gas and the potential – beyond fuel – [...]
It’s difficult to keep “Emerald City” Pittsburgh – the new Center of American Energy – out of the news. In fact, more pieces have just been published that tout Pittsburgh’s leadership in green building innovation and technology and its role as a model of sustainability when it comes to energy. These articles are a result [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Pittsburgh Hosts Hundreds of Top Cartoon Artists this Weekend
- Yellow Brick Road Leads to Mt. Washington
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosToonSeum's Joe Wos on the "Universal Appeal" of Cartoon Art