Pittsburgh just keeps popping up on impressive lists – most recently on Site Selection magazine’s newly released list of Top U.S. Economic Development Groups. The Pittsburgh Regional Alliance (PRA), southwestern Pennsylvania’s business investment marketing organization, is among the top 11 such organizations in the country for 2012 – and the only one in the Northeast [...]
The first six months of the Pittsburgh Impact initiative provided some important insights as we engaged, personally and collectively, with companies that are growing. We learned from these businesses and the network of organizations that support their growth that we should tackle three areas of activity: communicate with businesses to exchange information; [...]
A feature article, “Manufacturing in Armstrong County on Upswing,” published in the April 16 edition of the Leader Times, takes a closer look at the economic development deals or “wins” of 2012 as recently announced by the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance (PRA) . The PRA is the 10-county Pittsburgh region’s economic development marketing [...]
The Pittsburgh Regional Alliance has announced its regional economic development scorecard, focused on business investment and job creation/retention during 2012 across all 10 counties of southwestern Pennsylvania.
The region performed well, according the PRA – the region’s economic development marketing organization – and not only in 2012. It has seen five years of sustained economic [...]
Ness Technologies – a global provider of IT solutions and services and end-to-end, commercial-grade software development solutions opened its first U.S. development center in Southpointe, Washington County. The Pittsburgh Development Center (PDC) is part of Ness’ plan to build a strong onshore presence, in addition to multiple offshore and nearshore development centers [...]
Without deserting its “country charm and green space” – as County Commissioner Larry Maggi puts it – Washington County continues to increase its leadership in terms of economic growth and job creation.
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- Yellow Brick Road Leads to Mt. Washington
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"