Shell announced today that it has signed a site option agreement to build a petrochemical plant in Beaver County to process natural gas from the Marcellus Shale. The facility will include a “world-scale” ethane cracker, a facility that breaks down large molecules from natural gas into smaller ones. The location is in Potter and Center [...]
Thanks to continued strength across a diverse economy, the Pittsburgh region landed 286 economic development deals in 2011, pushing ahead of its performance in the previous year and maintaining its momentum toward pre-recession levels of business activity.
The Pittsburgh Regional Alliance, a partnership of 50-plus private and public sector leaders and economic [...]
Bill Adams, senior international economist with PNC, discusses the latest developments related to the ongoing EuroZone crisis and Greek debt deal. Adams gives the Greek debt deal a C+, stating that it will keep Greece out of the headlines, but only perhaps for the time being. As for the EuroZone, Adams forecasts moderate [...]
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett joined dozens of community leaders this morning at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center to celebrate Pittsburgh’s designation as a “Best of the World” place to visit in 2012 by National Geographic Traveler magazine. The Governor; Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald; Greg Babe, vice chair of the Allegheny Conference; and Doris [...]
Pittsburgh’s arts and cultural organizations and businesses are pulling together with the city, county and state to focus attention on what’s “world best” about Pittsburgh in 2012. The initiative – dubbed the “Best of the World Pittsburgh Partnership” – aims to increase visits and economic investments to the region by leveraging attention brought by a [...]
Vibrant Pittsburgh, an area nonprofit that works to advance the region’s growth through attracting and retaining diverse talent, is now accepting applications for their Mini-Grants Initiative. Funding is available to support a wide range of activities for nonprofit Affinity Groups to increase attraction and retention of diverse talent [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"