Southwestern Pennsylvania’s Latino community may be small and dispersed, but hundreds will gather Monday in celebration of a brown-skinned image of the virgin mother that helped knit together Europe and the Americas beginning 500 years ago.
Dec. 12 is the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe, who is [...]
When I attended the One Young World Summit in Zurich earlier this year, I had the opportunity to hear Jamie Oliver speak on healthy eating and nutrition, and his efforts through “Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution” to change the way Americans and the world think about food. At one [...]
You may not think you want a physically demanding career, but if four years of college is not for you and you have no other job-training plans, you may end up spending most of your working life on your feet anyway.
Service sector jobs – especially those that generate tips – can be tempting in [...]
On a recent edition of Our Region’s Business, PNC’s Kurt Rankin breaks down the bank’s fall economic survey. Rankin says that employer sentiment is down from PNC’s spring survey, with business owners expecting profits, sales and hiring to hold steady over the next six months, without an expectation for [...]
While there are certainly several resources for job growth, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Current Employment Statistics, the Pittsburgh metropolitan statistical area recorded its best October employment on record at 1,161,300. Employment grew 1.2 percent from September 2011 and 1.9 percent from October 2010. (You can read more about it on the [...]
A recent tip of the hat to our region’s thought leadership was the hosting of the TEDx Pittsburgh conference in November. TED stands for technology, entertainment, and design, and it was conceived in 1984 as a conference to bring together people from those three worlds to share ideas and collaborate on future [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- Yellow Brick Road Leads to Mt. Washington
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"