There are more than 750 energy-related companies in the greater Pittsburgh region, and one of their biggest challenges is finding people to staff the more than 2,000 open jobs across all the industries that comprise our energy sector: coal, natural gas, nuclear, solar, wind, transmission & distribution, and intelligent building technologies.
Those jobs are [...]
There’s something about the “Power of Pittsburgh” that keeps attracting national attention. In just the past two weeks, we’ve hosted a civic leadership delegation from St. Louis, the 16th from across the country since the G-20. This week alone, we hosted the national conference of the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, [...]
President Barack Obama visited Pittsburgh Tuesday for a meeting of his Council on Jobs and Competitiveness to discuss ways to create more jobs and get more Americans back to work. As he has in the past, the President cited the way our region transformed itself from a steel-dominant industrial city to one creating jobs — [...]
More than 25 years ago, the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust set out to transform downtown Pittsburgh into a regional hub for arts and culture. Today, downtown’s Cultural District stands as a vibrant and electric destination for a diverse array of arts and cultural offerings — a true fusion of music and performing & [...]
The Allegheny Conference on Community Development and the Greater Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce have issued the following statement upon the death of William S. Dietrich II:
“Over the past few weeks, our community has been witness to the most recent of Bill Dietrich’s leadership efforts – his extraordinary commitment of support to two of our [...]
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) – Pittsburgh Chapter’s 2011 Golden Triangle Awards were presented Oct. 6. The theme of the 32nd annual awards program was a Las Vegas-inspired one of “Win Big.”
Rolling the dice (in keeping with the theme), the communicators and marketers of the Pittsburgh [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"