After 120 business plan submissions were whittled down to just six finalists, the “Business Bout” business plan competition crowned its first ever champion. FindNotice, a cutting-edge software company that aims to make public notices more accessible, took home the $5,000 prize.
But as Brad Barbin, co-founder of FindNotice and [...]
The deadline is nearing for Sustainable Pittsburgh’s first-ever Green Workplace Challenge, an initiative to urge business owners to reduce consumption of natural resources — and save money in the process.
The year-long challenge aims to inject a bit of friendly competition into efforts by businesses owners and property managers [...]
Not only did the Pittsburgh Summit in 2009 draw increased attention from civic leaders across the United States (such as those from Raleigh-Durham here this week, scoping a benchmarking visit for 2012), it’s increased the level of international interest as well. There’s no better example than the growing international interest in the programs of the [...]
There’s something about the “Power of Pittsburgh” that keeps attracting national attention. In just the past two weeks, we’ve hosted a civic leadership delegation from St. Louis, the 16th from across the country since the G-20. This week alone, we hosted the national conference of the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, [...]
More than 25 years ago, the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust set out to transform downtown Pittsburgh into a regional hub for arts and culture. Today, downtown’s Cultural District stands as a vibrant and electric destination for a diverse array of arts and cultural offerings — a true fusion of music and performing & [...]
On a recent edition edition of “Our Region’s Business,” Bill sits down with Paul Hennigan, president of Point Park University to discuss the downtown university’s latest addition to its Academic Village initiative – an urban park built on the site of a former surface parking lot. [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- Yellow Brick Road Leads to Mt. Washington
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"