On Location at the Quality of Life Technology Center
A unique collaboration between the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University, the Quality of Life Technology Center (QoLT) at Bakery Square is working to make life easier for people with disabilities and older adults. QoLT brings together the word-class assets of both [...]
The work of further aligning education with workforce development moves forward this month, as the Energy Innovation Center’s first training sessions begin.
The center, or EIC, is a collaboration of the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory, the Pittsburgh region’s research universities, economic development organizations and corporations, including Eaton Corp., [...]
By Jim Futrell, vice president of market research and analysis for the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance
A recent article published on Texas CEO Magazine’s website talked about the “brain gain” in San Antonio, citing a rise in the number of talented young people with college educations choosing to move to that medium-sized city [...]
MJ Tocci received the 2011 Greater Pittsburgh ATHENA Award for her mentorship of other women, through both her community involvement and work as a prosecutor and later a coach for fellow attorneys at Trial Run.
Now she has co-founded what is believed to be the first program in the [...]
Leaving Spain, I’ve landed in Lisbon, a “most livable” city – just like Pittsburgh – per the Economist Intelligence Unit. This lovely city represents a brand new market for the Pittsburgh region – one that found its way onto our radar screen because of Carnegie Mellon University. In Lisbon, CMU has [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"