The first six months of the Pittsburgh Impact initiative provided some important insights as we engaged, personally and collectively, with companies that are growing. We learned from these businesses and the network of organizations that support their growth that we should tackle three areas of activity: communicate with businesses to exchange information; [...]
Pennsylvania’s Pension Time Bomb
Of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties, 66 have at least one local government in financial distress. Some of this can be attributed to municipal pension fragmentation throughout the Commonwealth. Nearly one quarter of all municipal pension plans in the country are located in Pennsylvania – a recipe for high costs and anemic returns. [...]
A feature article, “Manufacturing in Armstrong County on Upswing,” published in the April 16 edition of the Leader Times, takes a closer look at the economic development deals or “wins” of 2012 as recently announced by the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance (PRA) . The PRA is the 10-county Pittsburgh region’s economic development marketing [...]
Without deserting its “country charm and green space” – as County Commissioner Larry Maggi puts it – Washington County continues to increase its leadership in terms of economic growth and job creation.
Not only is our region among the most livable, it continues to rank among the “most list-able” as well. And we’re off to a good start in 2013 in racking up Top Five rankings.
NBC’s Today Show started things off by noting Pittsburgh as one of three must-see destinations in the world [...]
Late in 2012, a two-man creative team from Arte (Association Relative à la Télévision Européenne) – a Franco-German television network that’s akin to the U.S.’s PBS – spent a week in Pittsburgh, filming interviews and footage of Pittsburgh today, vis a vis the famous black-and-white images of the city captured during the 1950s by the [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"