The first six months of the Pittsburgh Impact initiative provided some important insights as we engaged, personally and collectively, with companies that are growing. We learned from these businesses and the network of organizations that support their growth that we should tackle three areas of activity: communicate with businesses to exchange information; [...]
TechShop Opens Newest Location in East Liberty’s Bakery Square
Billed as a Kinko’s for geeks or a 24-hour fitness center for makers, TechShop has brought its makers paradise to Pittsburgh. Founded in California in 2006, TechShop is a membership-based, do-it-yourself fabrication studio that provides more than $1 million of professional equipment and [...]
Without deserting its “country charm and green space” – as County Commissioner Larry Maggi puts it – Washington County continues to increase its leadership in terms of economic growth and job creation.
Flashdance – The Musical more than echoes the movie set in Pittsburgh in 1983, it brings it back to life on the stage. I caught the premiere.
I’ll leave theater criticism to the pros like Christopher Rawson at the Post-Gazette, although I think his assessment is right on target. It’s a feel-good [...]
Green News Update Editor and Publisher Roberta Faul-Zeitler has been paying attention to – and writing about – green practices since 2004. Her keen interest in sustainability as “a path, not a destination” (as her newly designed e-newsletter masthead proclaims) put her on a path to Pittsburgh this May. Here she explored [...]
In addition to being a recommendation for writing good fiction, the adage, “show me, don’t tell me,” could just as easily be applied to economic development, a practice that includes marketing a location, attracting business to it and enhancing its economic well being and quality of life. Being able to actually see or experience what [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- Yellow Brick Road Leads to Mt. Washington
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"