The Pittsburgh region continued its rebound from recession by landing more business investment deals in 2011 than in the previous year. These “wins,” which are tallied each year by the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance, numbered 286 in 2011 — close to pre-recession levels recorded in 2008. Dewitt Peart, president of the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance is joined [...]
For the past five years, the Allegheny Conference on Community Development and the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance have celebrated “Wins” day, a Wednesday in March when we tote up all the announced investment and development projects, or “wins,” of the previous year.
In 2011, the 10-county Pittsburgh region landed 286 [...]
Shell announced today that it has signed a site option agreement to build a petrochemical plant in Beaver County to process natural gas from the Marcellus Shale. The facility will include a “world-scale” ethane cracker, a facility that breaks down large molecules from natural gas into smaller ones. The location is in Potter and Center [...]
Thanks to continued strength across a diverse economy, the Pittsburgh region landed 286 economic development deals in 2011, pushing ahead of its performance in the previous year and maintaining its momentum toward pre-recession levels of business activity.
The Pittsburgh Regional Alliance, a partnership of 50-plus private and public sector leaders and economic [...]
The energy level was high in Washington County last Thursday. The reason: a celebration of outstanding economic growth for the county. Assembled at Range Resources, more than 200 business and economic development leaders – including Washington County Chamber of Commerce President Jeff Kotula and Board Chairman Patrick O’Brien, President & CEO, First Federal [...]
ShaleNET is a multi-state, comprehensive recruitment, training, placement and retention program for jobs in the gas industry throughout [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"