From the number of global groups that have turned up on our region’s doorstep in the past couple of weeks you might think the G-20 was here last fall instead of more than three years ago. Since the Pittsburgh Summit in 2009 we’ve hosted more than 30 civic leadership delegations from across the country, most [...]
First our region tops the U-Haul index for the fastest growth rate in people moving into any region and now we’ve made a top ten – this time among the “up and coming downtowns.”
According to Forbes.com, downtowns are being reborn across America, with double-digit population growth in the decade ending 2010 – more [...]
I was really struck by a statement I heard Monday as the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board (TRWIB) kicked off its annual Imagine! Career Week series of events. The goal of the annual breakfast is to encourage employers to get involved in career education. I was moderating a panel at the Carnegie Science Center featuring [...]
TechShop Opens Newest Location in East Liberty’s Bakery Square
Billed as a Kinko’s for geeks or a 24-hour fitness center for makers, TechShop has brought its makers paradise to Pittsburgh. Founded in California in 2006, TechShop is a membership-based, do-it-yourself fabrication studio that provides more than $1 million of professional equipment and [...]
Please join me at for an important conversation about increasing equity in the Pittsburgh region’s workplaces.
We are kicking off the 2013 ATHENA Awards season with a panel discussion, “Women in Leadership: The Male Point of View” at the Heinz History Center on Thursday, April 25.
Taking its name from the Greek goddess of strength [...]
Transportation Funding Solution Needed in PA
Pennsylvania has the dubious distinction of being number one in the nation in structurally deficient bridges with more than 4,000 statewide. In addition, thousands of miles of highways are in dire need of maintenance and repair and transit agencies are being squeezed across the Commonwealth. To address the state’s [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"