From the number of global groups that have turned up on our region’s doorstep in the past couple of weeks you might think the G-20 was here last fall instead of more than three years ago. Since the Pittsburgh Summit in 2009 we’ve hosted more than 30 civic leadership delegations from across the country, most [...]
TechShop Opens Newest Location in East Liberty’s Bakery Square
Billed as a Kinko’s for geeks or a 24-hour fitness center for makers, TechShop has brought its makers paradise to Pittsburgh. Founded in California in 2006, TechShop is a membership-based, do-it-yourself fabrication studio that provides more than $1 million of professional equipment and [...]
An evening of dancing and schmoozing, replete with lots of latkes and vodka, await the hundreds of young – and young-at-heart – planning to attend Pittsburgh’s hottest Hanukkah party. Cleverly called Vodka / Latke, this annual “Festival of Lights” celebration hits one of downtown Pittsburgh’s leading venues – SPACE Gallery at 812 Liberty Ave. – [...]
Since the collapse of the steel industry 30 years ago, the Pittsburgh region has transformed itself into a diversified economy. More recently, it is one of just three metros in the country to have fully recovered from the Great Recession that began in 2008.
But there’s still much to be done to [...]
The elaborately decorated Christmas trees at the Carnegie Museum of Art’s Hall of Architecture are a beloved 51-year-old tradition for the Pittsburgh region. We asked the museum’s Jonathan Gaugler to tell us more about the display and presepio, or Nativity scene. His reflections follow, as well as video from the museum’s David D’Agostino. Thanks to [...]
In addition to being a recommendation for writing good fiction, the adage, “show me, don’t tell me,” could just as easily be applied to economic development, a practice that includes marketing a location, attracting business to it and enhancing its economic well being and quality of life. Being able to actually see or experience what [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"