Who wants to topple Houston, Texas as the energy capital of the world? It turns out that the birthplace of the energy industry – the greater Pittsburgh region may be making Houston feel a little heat of competition – at least in recent coverage on KUT, the National Public Radio station in [...]
The Pittsburgh region’s profile as a center of manufacturing, finance, energy, health care and life sciences and information and communications technology has piqued the interest of dynamic Asian markets, including Korea. Strong business ties have connected Pittsburgh with Korea for some time, including investments in the region by key players such as
When President Obama traveled to Pittsburgh last month to meet with his Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, entrepreneurship and the potential it has to drive America’s economic revival were on the minds of many. Less than a week after the death of Apple CEO Steve Jobs, the President remarked at the IBEW Training Center in [...]
ShaleNET has announced in its current newsletter that 873 local workers have been placed in employment in the natural gas industry since June 2010 as a result of its training and placement efforts. This number is expected to grow considerably once the nine institutions that were [...]
Smithfield – a borough of Fayette County in southwestern Pennsylvania, about 90 minutes south of Pittsburgh – has the distinction of being centrally located in both the Marcellus and Utica Shale natural gas plays. It is, you might say, at the “heart” of a significant natural resource opportunity that can help advance America’s energy independence.
On a recent edition of Our Region’s Business, Mary Alice Gorman, owner of Mystery Lovers Bookshop and an “Our Library, Our Future” volunteer and Councilman Patrick Dowd sat down last week, in advance of Election Day, to discuss the “Our Library, Our Future” initiative. This initiative, which was
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"