They’re back! Three years after the G-20 summit, leaders from around the world are converging on our region this week — only this time they are emerging leaders in town for the One Young World Summit. The global event is the latest in a year in which we’ve been celebrating
Innovative grid-level battery maker Aquion Energy is going from university spinoff to major manufacturer.
Aquion has leased a portion of RIDC Westmoreland, the former Sony Technology Center in East Huntingdon Township near New Stanton, which closed in March 2010. It will move its 70 employees [...]
November 2011’s TEDx conference in Pittsburgh brought together a dynamic mix of highly accomplished academics, researchers, musicians, filmmakers, social entrepreneurs and civic leaders all under the theme of Power – in its many manifestations. Power, often associated with sheer human or organizational strength, took on a broader meaning at the conference, as the region’s preeminent [...]
Christmas may be over (though Epiphany comes this weekend, as does Eastern Orthodox Christmas for those on the Julian calendar) but the sustainable outings featured in ImaginePittsburghNow.com’s Five Golden Things series continue into January and beyond.
The 2011 Winter Flower Show at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens continues through Sunday, Jan. 8, [...]
FIVE GOLDEN THINGS: Second of five posts on holiday outings that underscore the Pittsburgh region’s commitment to sustainability in many forms.
Downtown Pittsburgh is not only decked and dazzling, it’s greener than ever.
Known for holding its holiday traditions near and dear, Pittsburgh this year is literally casting a new light on a couple of [...]
More than 2,000 jobs – most with good pay and benefits — are available now at energy-related companies across the 10-county Pittsburgh region. Some workplaces are in comfortable offices and labs far from drilling fields and mines. But for lots of people, nothing beats working with your hands and being in the middle of the [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- Yellow Brick Road Leads to Mt. Washington
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"