I was really struck by a statement I heard Monday as the Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board (TRWIB) kicked off its annual Imagine! Career Week series of events. The goal of the annual breakfast is to encourage employers to get involved in career education. I was moderating a panel at the Carnegie Science Center featuring [...]
By the time you read this, I will be in Germany on a week-long study tour as part of the Cities in Transition Initiative, a project of the German Marshall Fund. The program aims to identify approaches that Europe’s traditionally industrial cities have taken to address economic dislocation, and [...]
During a news conference yesterday at Pittsburgh’s City-County Building, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl began rolling out the red carpet – along with dozens of partner organizations and hundreds of volunteers – for more than one thousand young people from around the world, who will be traveling to our region next week for One Young World, a global [...]
You hear it again and again, the people of the Pittsburgh region really set the place apart – and our myriad neighborhoods and communities provide a sense of place whether you live in the heart of the city, a suburb or a distinctive small town. The Economist recently ranked Pittsburgh as the [...]
Over the past few decades, the Pittsburgh region has become a place of refuge for many displaced internationals fleeing war and ethnic persecution in their home countries — places like Iraq, Bhutan and Nepal. Although these refugees are legally permitted to work in the U.S. and are often highly skilled and well educated, they find [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- Yellow Brick Road Leads to Mt. Washington
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"