There was so much activity underway during the second half of this year to build the workforce of tomorrow that we couldn’t spare a moment to produce a fall edition of the Pittsburgh Regional Compact Quarterly e-newsletter. But no worries: we culled the array of activities and undertaking spanning September through December, and have highlighted [...]
When I attended the One Young World Summit in Zurich earlier this year, I had the opportunity to hear Jamie Oliver speak on healthy eating and nutrition, and his efforts through “Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution” to change the way Americans and the world think about food. At one [...]
Last month, City Year – a nonprofit AmeriCorps national service organization – joined hundreds of volunteers from CSX and the Pittsburgh Regional Alliance to transform Rangers Field in McKees Rocks. The team completely restored dilapidated baseball fields, built picnic tables and benches, and [...]
There are just a few more days to register for the annual conference of the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE), which from Oct. 9-12 will bring more than 2,500 people from around the world to Pittsburgh’s David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
When University of Michigan graduate students sought out a location for an “out-of-classroom” learning experience, Pittsburgh quickly rose to the top of their list. Annually, budding urban developers and regional planning experts from the university’s urban planning program travel to a different city where they meld academic theory with reality – expanding [...]
MJ Tocci, principal of Trial Run Inc. and the co-founder and director of a new academy at Carnegie Mellon University designed to enhance women’s negotiation skills – the first program of its kind in the country – received the 2011 Greater Pittsburgh ATHENA Award on Monday, Sept. 19 in front of a record-breaking crowd of [...]
- Fort Pitt Tunnel Scene Thrills Emma Watson (with Video Link)
- Remembering Fred Rogers: One Market Research Guru’s Memories of a Childhood Favorite
- Forbes: “Comeback City” Pittsburgh Reverses Population Decline
- 51st Annual Light Up Night Returns
- Aquion Energy to Expand Manufacturing in Pittsburgh Region, Add 400+ Jobs
- VIDEO: Time Flies, but Kaufmann’s Clock Icon Endures; Marks 100th Anniversary
- Good Food, Sense of Community Attracts Thousands to Greek Food Festivals in Pittsburgh
- Bill Flanagan: The world arrives and Tulsa, too.
- “Our Region’s Business” Visits the Quality of Life Technology Center at Bakery Square
- Affordable, Welcoming Pittsburgh Helps Innovative Chefs, Restaurants Thrive
Watch the Latest Imagine VideosMr. McFeely Shares His Memories of "Meeting Under the Kaufmann's Clock"